The launch party is on Tuesday 16th February, during the half-term week, starting at 7pm and finishing at 11pm. We will be opening our doors at 7; however we will allow queuing from 6:45 pm to ensure that everyone can get in.
West Street is located in the centre of Brighton and there are multiple public transport points, as well as pick-up and drop off locations. We recommend using public transport and both Churchill Square and North Street Bus stops are within a few minutes’ walk. There is a taxi rank outside the venue and Brighton Railway Station is at the top of the road roughly a ten minute walk.
It is integral to the success of STYLE BRIGHTON events that we ensure that under 18’s can enjoy an event which is held in a safe environment.
STYLE BRIGHTON’S MANAGEMENT RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REFUSE ADMISSION FOR ANY REASON AT ITS SOLE DISCRETION.
There are only 420 tickets available on the door for this launch party and we advise getting down to the venue early to ensure you and your friends all get in, as once it is sold out there will be no admission.
Entry is in accordance with our Admission Policy and the age restrictions are strictly adhered to. STYLE BRIGHTON events are only for people who are aged 14-17 years old only.
Any person wishing to gain entrance into a STYLE BRIGHTON Event may be asked to produce appropriate photo ID to show they are in the appropriate age range.
If the door stewards believe that a person wishing to enter the club may have used alcohol or an illegal substance they will refuse entry to that person.
If the door stewards have cause to search any person at or wishing to gain entrance to, any Style Brighton Event and during such search discover any cigarettes, alcohol, weapon or illegal substance these will be confiscated.
In all cases were a person is refused entry to or asked to leave a STYLE BRIGHTON event, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that any such person will be supervised by the staff at the club until their parents, guardians, carers and/or local authority are telephoned and arrive to collect them.
All Companies with which we contract to provide Door Security Services will only provide Door Supervisors who are registered with the Security Industry Association (“SIA”) or equivalent body. In addition all such companies are obliged to comply with our service level standards and codes of conduct.
We reserve the right to carry out searches of customers attending Style events. Searches will usually take place on the door and are primarily undertaken to prevent alcohol, cigarettes, illegal substances and weapons being brought into the club. Any person(s) that declines to be searched will be refused entry to any STYLE BRIGHTON Event. Searches will be conducted in accordance with an approved Searching Policy.
We do not allow any customer over the age of 17 to attend STYLE BRIGHTON events. Only adults who are employed to work at or supervise the Event will be present at the venue, other than in exceptional circumstances.
Only soft drinks are on sale; no alcohol branding is displayed and no alcohol will be sold or dispensed at any STYLE BRIGHTON Event.
Child Protection Policy
We recognise that the welfare of young persons who attend our Style Brighton events is paramount and that we have a duty of care towards them.
We will do everything we can to provide a caring environment in order for young people to be able to enjoy the entertainment we offer and be safe in our events.
- Treat all young people with respect.
- The General Manager will be the designated person with child protection responsibilities at our events, also called the DCPO. They will make sure that staff who are working at the event are aware of their responsibilities in regard to our customers and in particular that they are expected to share any concerns about the welfare of a child/young person with the DCPO.
- Our Designated Child Protection Officer is responsible for:
- Arranging training for all staff;
- Monitoring and recording concerns;
- Making referrals to authorities in the case of any complaint without delay and contacting the appropriate authorities to express their concerns, in circumstances where a young person has refused to remain within the safety of the club and it is thought that the young person is vulnerable because of drug / alcohol use or emotional difficulties.
STYLE BRIGHTON events are non smoking and therefore no customer is allowed to bring cigarettes, matches or lighters with them into our venues. We approach the issue of customers trying to bring cigarettes to STYLE BRIGHTON events in the following way :
Our starting point is to remember that the law has recently changed to prevent those who are under 18 from buying and smoking tobacco products
It is necessary to remember this because many of the people who actually buy the tickets will be parents and they need confirmation and re-assurance that their children will be safe at our clubs.
In many areas we request and receive the support of the local headmasters/teachers to distribute flyers at their schools. This support is more likely to be forthcoming if the STYLE BRIGHTON events are cigarette free because the school is able to help promote something which is both fun and healthy.
It is one of the unique selling points of STYLE BRIGHTON that we provide a nightclub experience for under 18’s. These events must be held without the sale or consumption of alcohol, cigarettes and illegal drugs taking place.
To ensure that STYLE BRIGHTON events are free of cigarettes we operate the following policies:
- Cigarettes are not allowed at any of our STYLE BRIGHTON events.
- When people buy a ticket they are agreeing to adhere to these terms and conditions of entry.
- If the customer tries to enter the club while in possession of cigarettes they can choose one of the following options :
- keep the cigarettes and be refused entry to the event, or
- dispose of the cigarettes and any associated items and be allowed entry to the event
- The choice is theirs, there is no question that we are confiscating them (as this could imply that we will return the cigarettes at the end of the evening – which we will not)
- If the customer has chosen to throw them away we will dispose of them.